Atlantis: The Series is an upcoming animated series based on Atlantis: The Lost Empire and Atlantis: Milo's Return. The first three episodes are from Milo's Return.
- King Milo James Thatch (voiced by James Arnold Taylor in "Kraken","Spirit of The West",and "Spear of Destiny" and Michael J. Fox afterwards) - a linguist,cartographer and king of Atlantis who has studied the Atlantean culture and learned to translate the Atlantean language.He is logical-minded, brave, timid, and always tries to do the right thing.
- Queen Kidagakash "Kida" Thatch (voiced by Cree Summer) - Queen of Atlantis.It is mentioned that she is over 8000 years old during the time when Milo discovered her city. Despite this, she has a beautiful, youthful appearance. She is concerned for the state of her people and cares for them up to the point of offering herself to the "Heart".
- Obby (voiced by Frank Welker) - Milo and Kida's pet lava dog.
- Mole (voiced by Corey Burton) - a 39-year-old French Geologist who often behaves like a mole.He always seems to have good senses of smell and taste for dirt, capable of examining samples of dirt, rock, and even fingerprints in a microscopic level. He is easily excited, and at his happiest when digging.
- Vinny (voiced by Don Novello) - an Italian demolition expert.He mentions that his family owns a flower shop, but he generally loves "blowing things up".
- Audrey (voiced by Jaqueline Obradors) - a teenage Puerto Rican mechanic,and the youngest member of the expeditions. She is a bit of a tomboy, but her tough attitude hides a caring, sweet personality.
- Dr.Joshua Sweet (voiced by Phil Morris) - an African-American/Native American medic. He is a kindly man with a friendly, if boisterous, nature.
- Mr.Whitmore (voiced by John Mahoney) - a wealthy and kind millionaire who funded the expedition to Atlantis.
- Mrs.Packard (voiced by Florence Stanley in "Kraken", "Spirit of The West" and "Spear of Destiny",and Tress MacNeille afterwards) - the elderly and sarcastic radio operator, who consistently speaks in monotone.
- Cookie (voiced by Steve Barr in "Kraken", "Spirit of The West" and "Spear of Destiny", and Blake Clark afterwards) - a Western-styled chef who is not very good at cooking.
- Edgar Volgud (voiced by Clancy Brown) - He is the town leader of a small seaside village in Norway.Volgud, seems to be controlling the Kraken, but soon Milo and the others learn that the Kraken itself is the master, having made a deal with Volgud. When they blow up the Kraken, Volgud disintegrates leaving behind a pile of dust and his clothes.
- Ashton Carnaby (voiced by Thomas F. Wilson) - He is the shop owner in Arizona. He has a mustache and a cowboy hat. He has maps,figures,dishes,masks,books and various things in his store.He was sucked in a enormous tornado never to be heard from again.
- Erik Hellstrom (voiced by William Morgan Sheppard) - He is Whitmore's rival. He is a mad man who thinks that he is Odin and he rules the world. He has strong muscles and wears a golden helmet with horns on top of his head.
- Puck (voiced by Matthew Broderick in "Puck" and Cam Clarke afterwards) - Puck is a mischivous forrest sprite.
- Cthulu (voiced by Frank Welker) - Cthulu is a giant squid like creature. Cthulu was described as an octopus, a dragon, and a human caricature with a pulpy, tentacled head surmounted a grotesque scaly body with rudimentary wings.Cthulu was a powerful Atlantian war machine.
After the decline in Atlantean culture following the sinking, Kida (Kidagakash), now Queen, and married to Milo Thatch, is using the heart of Atlantis to restore her city's former glory. Suddenly, Milo's comrades and Mr. Whitmore arrive in Atlantis; while their arrival is unexpected the Atlanteans welcome their old friends. Unfortunately, they have come to inform them of mysterious forces causing trouble on the surface. At first they presume it to be an ancient Atlantean defense mechanism gone rogue (like the Leviathan from the first film). But when they arrive in Norway, they discover it is actually a creature known as the Kraken, which had been attacking shipping freighters and taking their cargo to a cliffside village, which is devoid of spirits. They later discover that the town magistrate, Edgar Volgud, seems to be controlling the Kraken, but soon learn that the Kraken itself is the master, having made a deal with Volgud. When they blow up the Kraken, the man disintegrates and restores the spirit of the village.
|1||"Spirit of The West"||Their next mystery is in Southwest, involving coyote spirits opposing them. They later find a hidden city in Arizona contains a statue that greatly resembles Atlantean architecture. Unfortunately, a very sly shop owner, Ashton Carnaby, intends to pillage the place for its valuables, but the spirits then turn him into one of them. A Native-American man, who was a median between the spirits, trusts them with the knowledge of their sanctuary and informs Kida that she can choose Atlantis' destiny.|
|2||"Spear of Destiny"||The third mystery that needed to be solved was from Whitmore's cabinet. An old competitor, Erik Hellstrom stole a possession of his (believing himself to be the Norse god,Odin), an artifact called the Gungnir, presumably an artifact of Atlantean origin. When they track him down in the frigid Nordic Mountains, he presumes Kida to be his long lost daughter and kidnaps her. His intentions are to end the world in Ragnarok. He creates a lava beast and then an ice beast to destroy the world, but well-placed explosives used by Vinny distract the monsters long enough for Kida to retrieve the spear and vanquish the beasts. During these escapades, Kida comes into a greater understanding of just how powerful the Atlantean Crystal is, and she must choose between hiding it and sharing it with the rest of mankind.Having retrieved the spear, Kida realizes her father was wrong to hide the Crystal from mankind. She combines the Spear with the Heart Crystal and lifts Atlantis to the surface. Two fishermen are shocked when they suddenly see an entire continent rise before them. In the end, we see Atlantis above the water for the first time in over nine-thousand years.|