Princess Aurora is the protagonist of Disney's 1959 film Sleeping Beauty and the deuteragonist of the 2014 film Maleficent. She is the daughter of King Stefan and Queen Leah. She is the 3rd official Disney Princess.
Sing Me a Story with Princess Aurora
Princess Aurora (portrayed by Portland native Elle Fanning) lives in the country of Forest and owns her own music and Aurora's Cottage. Helping her at the Cottage are Jaq and Gus (From Cinderella), two magical Mouses. Also at the Cottage is Harmony the Fox and Zozi the Bear (Forest bear). The Cottage is visited by local children to whom Princess Aurora will tell (and sing) stories, usually with a moral that fit a situation happening in the shop or with the children.
Kinect Disneyland Adventures: Aurora
- Aurora is the third Disney Princess, after Snow White (1937) and Cinderella (1950).
- Aurora is often considered second-in-command (with Belle) of the 13 Disney Princesses to Cinderella.
- Out of all Disney Princesses, she has least screen time.
- Aurora is the first Disney Princess to have both parents present during her film, the second being Mulan, the third being Rapunzel, and the fourth being Merida. Tiana, Anna and Elsa could count, as both parents were present when they were a child, but they may not because Tiana's father dies in war, and Anna and Elsa's parents both died in a shipwreck.
- Aurora is one of the eight Disney Princesses to be royal by birth, second after Snow White.
- Aurora remained silent in the second half of the film she originated in, even after being awoken with the kiss.
- Aurora is the first Disney Princess to be initially unaware of her identity as a princess, the second being Rapunzel. She also inspired other traits, such as their desire to be "free" and see the world, look very much like their birth mothers, and and are barefoot for most of their films.
- Aurora has been selected as the #2 most attractive Disney heroine, the #5 most popular Disney Princess and the #5 favorite Disney heroine.
- Aurora is the first Disney heroine to wear a corset, following Mayora.