Carmen:The Musical is a musical.The musical features animatronic versions. Harold the Helicopter, Rocky the Crane, Captain the Lifeboat and Tick-Tock the Crocodile are created by Jim Henson's Creature Shop.
Characters' designs (in order of appearance)
I'll list the characters and see which scene they debut in:
First scene: Search and Rescue Center
- Harold: Harold is based on a Sikorsky S-55 helicopter, built in the UK as the Westland Whirlwind. He has added floats. Harold is painted white with red lining.
- Chief of Search and Rescue Center: Muscular, orange skin, long white hair, both white eyebrows and beard, blue eyes, purple robe with one left strap with a gold medallion on it, barefoot
- Rocky: Rocky is a Ransomes and Rapier 45-ton steam crane, built around 1945. Rocky is painted a dull red colour with yellow hazard stripes.
- Captian: Captain is an Ex-Royal National Lifeboat institution Liverpool Class Lifeboat. Captain's cab is painted yellow, his sides, blue, and his hull, red. He's lined in white. He has a long, thin, yellow mast at the stern of his body.
Second scene: Cave
- James: Short and obese Satyr, half bald, both red hair and beard, pink skin, pointy ears, hairy chest
- Wizard: Slender blue genie, handsome, muscular, sometimes gigantic sometimes very small (whenever he shapeshifts), pointy ears, hooked nose, curly black beard, thick black eyebrows, black hair with a gold bead that holds it, both gold cuffs and earring on his left ear, indigo pants, red waistband, red Arab-style shoes
Third Scene: Carmen's castle
- Carmen: a 7-year old Hawaiian girl with long, straight black hair and brown eyes. She's most often seen wearing a muumuu and sandals
- The King (in the UK version: The Fat Controller): The Fat Controller is a short, stout gentleman. He is usually dressed in a black suit with grey trousers, a cream or yellow waistcoat, a black tie, and a top hat. He is most often depicted as having thinning grey hair and blue eyes.
Fourth Scene: Boingo's Lair
- Boingo: Boingo has tan fur with beige eyebrows, muzzle, and feet. He has a red underbelly and long ears that he can use as weapons.
- Zazu: Zazu is a puppet controlled by an actor dressed in blue striped clothes and a bowler hat much like a stereotypical butler. Zazu's blue feathers have been replaced with white and the puppet is partially constructed from parachute silk with a slinky contained in the neck for ease in movement
Fifth scene: Zazu's house
Sixth scene: The Love in Outcasts
- Yum-Yum: Slender, beautiful, fair skin, light freckles, rosy cheeks, pink lips, long strawberry-blonde hair, platinum blonde streak (formerly), blue eyes, wears a black sweetheart bodice with off-the-shoulder dark green sleeves and rose, teal, blue and purple prints on it, and has greenish-gold trim, a black satin-laced necklace with a bronze pendant of Arendelle's symbol, an olive drab skirt with sashes (consisting of asparagus centers with pink, crimson, dark olive green, olive drab, and blue prints on it between cream sides), both cream petticoat and bloomers, white stockings, and a pair of black ballet shoes. She wears her hair in a bun, and a part of her hair is braided and used as a headband, a green comb-shaped barrette with a couple satin ribbons (green and green-yellow) attached to the back of her hair, and dark pink lipstick. She also wears a teal cape with a cyan bow as a clasp for the cape, sapphire oval-cut hem with azure line, blue dots on each cut, and small sapphire dots all around the cape.
Seventh Scene: Search and Rescue Center
- Murdoch (credited in the DVD version: Controller): Slender gray mandrill, elderly, broken and bent-looking tail, half bald, white hair, yellow eyes
Eighth scene: Boingo's lair
- Nenvis (Carmen's dog): Plump gray and white sheepdog, black nose, blue eyes, short tail with white tip
- Tick-Tock: Gigantic, slender green saltwater crocodile amber eyes, both lime muzzle and underbelly, sharp teeth, olive circles under his eyes, a pair of olive spike sets on his back and one set on his tail