Quotes and Lines spoken by Cogsworth from Disney's Beauty and the Beast.
Beauty and the Beast
- (Also whispering) "Keep quiet! Maybe he'll go away."
- "Not a word, Lumiere. Not one word!"
- "Shush shush shhhhh! (COGSWORTH puts hand over LUMIERE'S mouth, who promptly proceeds to touch his lit candle hand to COGSWORTH's hand.)Ow ow Ow OW OW OUCH!!!!!"
- (hopping over) "Well, now you've done it, Lumiere. Splendid, just peachy--aaarrrgghh!"
- "Put me down! At once!"
- [Maurice has opened his door to peek inside] "Sir, close that at once! Do you mind?"
- "No, no, no, do you know what the master would do if he finds you here. (BEAST is watching the action from an overhead walkway, and rushes off as the trio enters the den.) I demand that you stop...right...there! (COGSWORTH tumbles down the steps. MAURICE takes a seat in a large chair in front of a roaring fire.) Oh no, not the master's chair! (FOOTSTOOL rushes past COGSWORTH, barking up a storm.) I'm not seeing this, I'm not seeing this!"
- "All right, this has gone far enough. I'm in charge here, and "(COGSWORTH is run over by the (once again) anachronistic IndyCar sounding teacart of MRS. POTTS)
- (from face down position on carpet) "No! No tea, no tea!!!"
- (Coming out from under a rug) Master, I'd like to take this moment to say...I was against this from the start. I tried to stop them, but would they listen to me? No, no, no! (Again, BEAST's growl drowns out COGSWORTH.)
- "Couldn't keep quiet, could we? Just had to invite him to stay, didn't we? [imitates Lumiere] 'Serve him tea. Sit in the master's chair. Pet the pooch!'"
- "Irresponsible, devil-may-care, waxy eared, slack-jawed--"
- "I know it's a girl."
- "Wait a minute, wait a minute!"
- "Ahem, ahem, ahem. Dinner...is served."
- "Uh, good evening."
- (buying time) "Who? Oh! The girl. Yes, the, ah, girl. Well, actually, she's in the process of, ah, um, circumstances being what they are, ah... she's not coming."
- "Your grace! Your eminence! Let's not be hasty!"
- "Please. Attempt to be a gentlemen."
- "Ah-ah-ah, suave, genteel."
- [clears throat and mutters] " Ahem, ahem, we say 'please.'"
- "Lumiere, stand watch at the door and inform me at once if there is the slightest change."
- "Well, I guess we better go downstairs and start cleaning up."
- "Enchanted? Ha-ha ha-ha! Who said anything about the castle being enchanted? Ha-ha-ha... [to Lumiere] It was you, wasn't it?"
- "As you can see, the pseudo facade was stripped away to reveal a minimalist Rococo design. Note the unusual inverted vaulted ceilings. This is yet another example of the neo-classic Baroque period, and as I always say, if it's not Baroque, don't fix it! Ha ha ha. Now then, where was I?"
- "As you were!" [the knights turn their heads back forward]
- "[suggesting things to woo Belle] Well, there's the usual things. Flowers, chocolates, promises you don't intend to keep."
- [Clears throat] "Your lady awaits."
- "Well Your Highness, I must say everything is going just swimmingly. I knew you had it in you, ha ha!"
- [chuckles] "Yes. Splen- [realizes what the Beast just said] You what? How could you do that?!"
- "Yes, but, but, but but why? "
- [shakes Lumiere's hand in truce] "Well, Lumiere, old friend. Shall we let bygones be bygones?"
- "I beg your pardon, old friend, but I believe I told you."
- "You most certainly did not, you pompous, paraffin-headed peabrain!"
Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas
- [spoken] "Twice as smart... she does have a point."
Beauty and the Beast: Belle's Magical World
- Well, perhaps you could tell us all about it at dinner. Things have been pleasantly tranquil with him of late.
- Well, I meant only to refer to how well you and his grace have been getting along.
- Perhaps tranquil isn’t quite the right word…
Disney Magical World Series
Kingdom Hearts Series
- "Shhh! Keep quiet. It might be THEM."
- "...D-don't touch! I-I am self-winding, sir!"
- "The master turned her away. All because of her, ahem, meager appearance."
- "You don't suppose he's been turned into a Heartless, do you?"
- "What? Why? Lumiere! You-"
- "Well, Master...ah, you see...that is...How shall I say...ah, actually...mmm..."
- "He's right, Master. We've all seen how kind you can be. After all...Belle can see the goodness in your heart, but I'm afraid you've yet to—"
- "The suits of armor in the west hall should let you pass, now. Please, go see Belle, and hurry!"
- "Precisely. You see, if the master can learn to love, and earn love in return, before the last petal falls..."
- "Oh, this is just awful! I believe the master is heading to his chamber."
- "How could it have come to this?"
- "If the master can love and be loved in return, the spell will be broken. We'll all be human again."
- "Ah, but that is not all...Over time, caring for that rose has become a cherished part of the master's daily life."
- "Just when I thought the curse might be lifted, this has to happen!"
- "That man in black ran out into the garden. Please, prepare yourselves for anything, and above all, be careful!"
- "The two of them do seem made for each other."