Finding Marlin is a June 1, 2020 3D computer-animated film and sequel to the 2003 Pixar computer-animated feature film Finding Nemo. The film will be directed by Andrew Stanton, who also directed the original film and the sequel Finding Dory.
Finding Marlin will focus on the overprotective clownfish Marlin, who journeys to New Zealand to find his long-lost wife, Coral. But when he and a new piranha friend get captured, Nemo, Dory, and the Tank Gang try to rescue them. Meanwhile, at an aquarium, Marlin and the new piranha friend Sparky get help from a human named Oliver to find Coral. And to meet some new characters, like Lincoln the blue tang, John the blue-footed booby, George the kiwi with these six blue penguins when they are acrossing the Waimakariri river, Flipper the dolphin friend of Marlin's, Arnold the good & funny narwhal, Terry the hungry and injured orca and Alan, Benson, & Danny the three walruses with these talking penguins and other talking walruses who were living in different enclosures at the National Aquarium of New Zealand.
- Albert Brooks as Marlin, an overprotective clownfish and Coral's husband and Nemo's father and the main protagonist.
- Elizabeth Perkins as Coral, a female clownfish and Marlin's wife and Nemo's mother and the deuteragonist.
- Ellen DeGeneres as Dory, a adorable blue tang that suffers of from short-term memory-loss and the tritagonist.
- Collin Dean as Nemo, a young optimistic clownfish and Marlin and Coral's son and the tetartagonist.
- Denis Leary as Spike, a genetically modified piranha and the barracuda's spy and the pentagonist.
- David L. Lander as Fang, the barracuda and the main antagonist, unlike his first appearance in Finding Nemo.
- Geoffrey Rush as Nigel, a pelican
- Hayden Rolence as Oliver, a human who communicates with the animals.
- Andrew Staton as Crush, the sea turtle who acts in the manner of a surfer dude, and Paul, a mackerel.
- Anton Starkman as Squirt, Crush's son and one of Nemo's classmates.
- Victoria Strouse as Shelly, Crush's wife.
- Idris Elba as Bruce, a vegetarian great white shark, ironically.
- Eric Bana as Anchor, a vegetarian great hammerhead shark.
- Bruce Spence as Chum, a vegetarian mako shark.
- Martin Short as Alan, a 1st Pacific walrus.
- Steve Martin as Benson, a 2nd Pacific walrus.
- Chavy Chase as Danny, a 3rd Pacific walrus.
- Bob Peterson as Mr. Ray, Nemo's teacher.
- Willie Dafoe as Gill, a serious moorish idol.
- Jerome Ranft as Jacques, a French-accented shrimp.
- Brad Garrett as Bloat, a nervous porcupine pufferfish.
- Austin Pendleton as Gurgle, a fearful royal gramma fish.
- Allison Janney as Peach, a optimistic pink-red starfish.
- Vicki Lewis as Deb, a blue-and-white striped damselfish who thinks her reflection is her sister named Flo.
- Stephen Root as Bubbles, a hyperactive yellow tang fish.
- Ed O'Neill as Hank, an grumpy east pacific red octopus.
- Diane Keaton as Jenny, Dory's mother.
- Eugene Levy as Charlie, Dory's father.
- Ty Burrell as Bailey, a beluga whale.
- Kaitlin Olson as Destiny, a whale shark.
- James S. Baker as Flipper, a common bottlenose dolphin, Marlin's childhood friend.
- Chris Parnell as Arnold, a good and funny orca whale
- Bruno Mars as Lincoln, a blue tang and Dory's boyfriend
- Torbin Xan Bullock as George, a helpful and friendly but dimwitted kiwi.
- Peter Siragusa as Boss Crab, a king crab who doesn't like Marlin interrupting and eavesdropping while trying to find his family.
- Louis C.K as Steven, a sheepshead, Also known as Husband Fish.
- Victoria Strouse as Shelly, Crush's wife, and Squirt's mother.
Additional Voice Cast
- Grant Palmer as Sheldon, a seahorse.
- Tara Strong as Pearl, a flapjack octopus.
- Coleel Harris as Tad, a long-nosed butterfly fish.
- Katherine Ringgold as Kathy, a chichen fish.
- Carlos Alazraqui as Bill.
- Phil Proctor as Bob.
- Jim Ward as Ted.
- Alexander Gould as TBA.
- Bill Hader, Brad Bird, Andrew Stanton, Catherine Taber, Mona Marshall, Jim Cummings, David Kaye, Phil Collins, Danny Trejo, Colin Murdock, and Lee Unkrich are all playing the one Snares penguin, one Fiordland penguin, the Adelie penguins, the other Pacific walruses, and other Australian sea creatures in the aquarium enclosures.
- Frank Welker as the saltwater crocodile.
- Andrew Stanton, Hayden Rolence, Catherine Taber, Paul Dobson, Bob Peterson, and Bill Hader are playing the gang who were kept chasing Oliver in the car chase.
- Andrew Stanton, Brad Bird, Bob Peterson, and Lee Unkrich are playing the pelicans who are Nigel's friends.
- Mona Marshall as Pearl's mother.
- Bill Hader as one of the scientist of the National Aquarium of New Zealand.
- Jess Harnell as the seagulls.
Easter Eggs, Cameos and References
The Pizza Planet Truck can be seen when Oliver, Spike and Marlin steal the Open Ocean Museum truck, from the National Aquarium of New Zealand.
In the scene where Dory, Nemo, Lincoln, Gill & the Tank Gang, meet Alan, Benson, and Danny with one Snares penguin, one Fiordland penguins, and these Adelie penguins & other Pacific walruses, when the camera pans underwater to a school of various fishes, If you look closely, You will see Flounder from The Little Mermaid Series alongside them.
Piper from the short film "Piper" also appears in that scene alongside a group of baby sandpipers running past the camera.
Lightning McQueen, Sally Carrera, Sheriff, Flo, Mater and Doc Hudson from Cars make cameos in the Open Ocean Museum's parking lot.
Remy from Ratatouille appears as a lab rat in the Open Ocean Museum's lab for creating hybrid sea creatures and bringing extinct animals to life.
A goldfish resembling Gino from The Secret Life of Pets appears in the tank where Dory, Nemo, Lincoln, Gill & the Tank Gang landed right where they had arrived at National Aquarium of New Zealand.