Finding Marlin is a June 1, 2020 3D computer-animated film and sequel to the 2003 Pixar computer-animated feature film Finding Nemo. The film will be directed by Andrew Stanton, who also directed the original film and the sequel Finding Dory.
Finding Marlin will focus on the overprotective clownfish Marlin, who journeys to New Zealand to find his long-lost wife, Coral. But when he and a new piranha friend get captured, Nemo, Dory, and the Tank Gang try to rescue them. Meanwhile, at an aquarium, Marlin and the new piranha friend get help from a human named Oliver to find Coral.
- Albert Brooks as Marlin, an overprotective clownfish and Coral's husband and Nemo's father and the main protagonist.
- Elizabeth Perkins as Coral, a female clownfish and Marlin's wife and Nemo's mother and the deuteragonist.
- Ellen DeGeneres as Dory, a adorable blue tang that suffers of from short-term memory-loss and the tritagonist.
- Neel Sethi as Nemo, a young optimistic clownfish and Marlin and Coral's son and the tetartagonist.
- Denis Leary as Spike, a genetically modified piranha and the barracuda's spy and the pentagonist.
- David L. Lander as Fang, the barracuda and the main antagonist, unlike his first appearance in Finding Nemo.
- Andrew Staton as Crush, the sea turtle who acts in the manner of a surfer dude, and Paul, a mackerel.
- Anton Starkman as Squirt, Crush's son and one of Nemo's classmates.
- Victoria Strouse as Shelly, Crush's wife.
- Idris Elba as Bruce, a vegetarian great white shark, ironically.
- Eric Bana as Anchor, a vegetarian great hammerhead shark.
- Bruce Spence as Chum, a vegetarian mako shark.
- Martin Short as Alan, a Pacific walrus.
- Steve Martin as Benson, a Pacific walrus.
- Chavy Chase as Danny, a Pacific walrus.
- Viola Davis as Flora, a sperm whale.
- Bob Peterson as Mr. Ray, Nemo's teacher.
- Willie Dafoe as Gill, a serious moorish idol.
- Jerome Ranft as Jacques, a French-accented shrimp.
- Brad Garrett as Bloat, a nervous porcupine pufferfish.
- Austin Pendleton as Gurgle, a fearful royal gramma fish.
- Allison Janney as Peach, a optimistic pink-red starfish.
- Vicki Lewis as Deb, a blue-and-white striped damselfish who thinks her reflection is her sister named Flo.
- Stephen Root as Bubbles, a hyperactive yellow tang fish.
- Hugo Weavings as Christopher, Marlin's old father and also grandfather of Nemo.
- Essie Davis as Sophia, Marlin's lovely mother and also and grandmother of Nemo.
- Ed O'Neill as Hank, an grumpy east pacific red octopus.
- Diane Keaton as Jenny, Dory's mother.
- Eugene Levy as Charlie, Dory's father.
- Ty Burrell as Bailey, a beluga whale.
- Kaitlin Olson as Destiny, a whale shark.
- David Wenham as Flipper, a common bottlenose dolphin, Marlin's childhood friend.
- Steven Blum as Arnold, a killer whale and Flipper's boyfriend.
- Anthony LaPaglia as Horny, a good but funny narwhal.
- Sam Neill as Fred, an giant pacific octopus, and Hank's cousin.
- Torbin Xan Bullock as John, and George, a helpful and friendly but dimwitted blue-footed booby, and a kiwi.
- Peter Siragusa as Boss Crab, a king crab who doesn't like Marlin interrupting and eavesdropping while trying to find his family.
- Louis C.K as Steven, a sheepshead, Also known as Husband Fish.
Additonal voice actors are playing the Adelie, Blue, Fiordland & Snares penguins, the other Pacific walruses, and other Australian sea creatures in the aquarium enclosures.
Easter Eggs, Cameos and References
The Pizza Planet Truck can be seen when Fred, Spike and Marlin steal the Open Ocean Museum truck.
In the scene where Dory and Nemo meet Alan, Benson, and Danny with these Adelie, Fiordland & Snares penguins and other pacific walruses, when the camera pans underwater to a school of various fishes, If you look closely, You will see Flounder from The Little Mermaid Series alongside them.
Piper from the short film "Piper" also appears in that scene alongside a group of baby sandpipers running past the camera.
Lightning McQueen, Sally Carrera, Sheriff, Flo, Mater and Doc Hudson from Cars make cameos in the Open Ocean Museum's parking lot.
Remy from Ratatouille appears as a lab rat in the Open Ocean Museum's lab for creating hybrid sea creatures and bringing extinct animals to life.
A goldfish resembling Gino from The Secret Life of Pets appears in the tank where Dory and Nemo landed before John started to eat a cup of popcorn in the ground.