A sequel to the two original Hunchback of Notre Dame films made by Disney. To appease fans this film will return to the darker roots of the original film since the second one was less well received because of its lighter tone. This will complete a trilogy of films.
- Quasimodo (Tom Hulce): The Hunchback who lives in the cathedral. He is now in a relationship with Madellaine since the second film and thinks that he has finally found hapiness.
- Esmerelda (Demi Moore): The gypsy wife of Captain Phoebus. She is friends with Quasi and Madellaine.
- Phoebus (Kevin Kline): The captain of the soldiers in Paris who is training his now teenage son Zephyr how to be a soldier.
- Jehan Frollo (Alan Rickman): The younger brother of Claude Frollo who was killed several years before. He and Claude's parents were murdered by gypsies when they were young and raised by a woman named Gudule, who taught them their strict view on justice. He later joined the military where he became friends with fellow younger new recruit Phoebus. Years later he is promoted to general and decides to use this new power to finally take his revenge on the ones who caused his brother's death.
- Madellaine (Jennifer Love Hewitt): The woman who is now in a relationship with Quasimodo.
- Sarousch (Michael McKean): The leader of the band of circus thieves in the second film who makes a deal with Jehan Frollo to get out of pirson.
It has been several years since the events of The Hunchback of Notre Dame II and Quasimodo thinks that he has finally found hapiness with Madellaine. Meanwhile Zephyr is enlisting into the French army being trained by his father.
Unknown to them the brother of Judge Claude Frollo, Jehan is being promoted for helping win a battle against Spain to a general. With this power he decides to go and get his revenge on those who overthrew and caused the death of his brother.